Friday, November 30, 2007

something new ...


Above: these are two of my friends from school: Amy (left) and Tahara (right).


So I've recently observed how long my arms are.  I've never really noticed it before ... every time I go to tae kwon do and train there is a huge wall-length mirror and more and more I'm slowly realizing just how truly long my arms are.  Honestly if I let them hang down my side I can nearly touch my knees, only short by 6 inches or so.  I think I might be an ape ... knuckles dragging on the ground and all.  Perhaps I am the missing link.  Weird I know.  

And another thing ... everyday I take a shower and after my shower I clean my ears out with a Q-tip.  Every day there is something in there.  What's the deal with that?  Back home I would only clean them out once or twice a week and there would hardly be anything in there ... now everyday I'm pulling some goop out ... maybe I should start making candles to sell back home to supplement my income.      

hope you are well wherever you are today!

John

9 comments:

steve and randel hambrick said...

steve's arms are long also. more proof that you belong in our family....

p.s. too much info on the ear goop

Rachel said...

Did you know that from fingertip to fingertip is the same length as your head to toe? So I think you are about 6 feet tall so your arm span is 6 feet. You should measure it. I'm not sure if I would buy a candle made by your ear wax but I guess someone would. You should try ebay. :)

Molly R. said...

John, Remember when Mom would clean out our ear goop with a bobby pin? We would have to hold the flashlight for her with one hand while she would dig it out! Gross stuff would come out then! I think she was obsessed with our ear goop...
hugs and kisses, Molly

Unknown said...

I too understand what it's like to have long limbs, and to be so very unaware of them for most of my life. Which explains the many bumps and bruises I've aquired. At least we can get things off the top shelf though.

On a side note - Molly, I remember your mom doing to that w/ the bobbi pin to me too!!! That's so gross/funny! My mom is a fan as well - seriously, I've never met so many people in need of a q-tip in my life!

Molly R. said...

Dana, I cannot believe my Mom did the bobby pin/ear thing with you too! She was so obsessed with ears!!! How funny! XOXO

Unknown said...

Long arms are usually associated with anal fissures and club foot. Look it up on webmd.com. It's science.

steve and randel hambrick said...

I was doing a little research about the ear thing and I came up up with some startling information. It seems there are these small creatures that are part of the Arachnid family that are drawn to small openings in which they can poop. Ears are prime openings. You may need to purchase something to cover your ears up with at night and consider wearing them during the day. I am sure all of your friends will understand once you explain it to them. I hope this helps...I know it was interesting to read about.

Steve

Katie said...

i am glad you are being so industrious. i am a whiz at ebay if you want to try to sell the candles through that venue. also, really glad your arms are so long. that is fab. ptl!

Gwyn said...

Earwax.....sooooooooooooooooo gross. Dude, we will miss you at Christmas...I was soooo looking forward to John's "Latest Adventures of the P**P stick"! :(