Tuesday, September 4, 2007

training has begun!!!!!



Yes I'm pointing to you! You are next my friend! To answer your questions ... yes, Tae kwon do has begun ... and ... yes I broke that board I'm holding. Although not with my head, I broke it while I was at the place ... and with my foot. If they send me the picture I be sure to post it.

First, I get sweet looking fighting clothes .. which, I look pretty fierce in ... and it's a lot of fun. The people there are really nice and helpful and they are fun to work with. One of the Masters, yes Masters, speaks English really well so I train with him. So far I've only learned to kick and punch and do some business stuff like bow and the ready stance and breathing techniques and such. I think it takes a little over a month to go a belt up so who knows ... if I can stick with it I could be pretty far along in the end. I thought it would be something really different than just getting in a gym and throwing some weights around. Tae kwon do was founded in Korea so why not learn some sweet moves while I'm here right? Be very afraid when I come home ... very afraid.

Other than this, nothing too big has been going on lately. It's been raining for a week and a half and it's just slowly bumming me out. The weather has been quite nice becuase the sun has been hidden but the wetness of everything is just not fun. At school things are going well. I had one student say some curse words he learned from a pocket dictionary he had and he shouted it out in one class ... I will admit it was funny but I had to stop him and tell him it was a bad thing to say. After this, he proceeded to figure out how to say he wants to go number 2, which during the assignment we were doing he answered one of the dialog question of "what do you want to do?" and he answered "I want to go poop!" I just kind of smiled and moved on, it was funny though. In my kindergarten class, the kids there are taking a liking to me well enough. The boys love to fight and punch as hard as they can, to test their strength and to see if they can do some damage on a bigger guy than them. I let them get away with some of it ... but then sometimes they are right at the height just below my waist so on a number of occasions I've taken a fist or a running head-butt to the crochal region ... which is great. Sorry I don't have any pictures of that to share.

Ok, that is all for now. miss you all! more to come!

Grace and peace to you!

John

5 comments:

Molly R. said...

A fat dude who knows Karate? I saw that movie, "Beverly Hills Ninja" I'm just joking, but seriously, nice work on the board breaking.
Chris

Unknown said...

Yesss. "I want to go poop." Of course he is your student. that would have been so hysterical. How did you not fall over laughing? ;) I think I might have rolled on the floor...especially if he said the other word.....hehehe.

Unknown said...

and don't worry about the weather. the sun will come out tomorrow ;)

hhehe

sorry. but i couldn't resist that one ~

Tuckenie said...

Alright! Turning yourself into a lethal weapon while teaching Koreans about Chuck Norris! Perfect!

Katie said...

jmitch! i wish you could video tape you and your students. i would probably watch it. a lot.

we miss you at freshman group! i think we are going to have a really neat group of students this year!

keep fighting. someday you will be stronger than JB.