Tuesday, September 25, 2007

more country-side and Jochiwon




here are some photos of where I went for the Korean Thanksgiving called Jochiwon ... it was a 25 minute train ride away from Daejeon and was, as you can see in the pictures, a quickly developing city. For the most part this is a farming community and their major crops are peaches and pears among others. The weather is starting to get very, very nice ... cool in the evening and dry during the day ... I don't miss the Florida heat at all.

In other news, I really want to buy a motorcycle. In the end I probably won't, but it just looks like so much fun. And! they are pretty cheap here. I'm sure I'll get some responces back from this comment, so don't worry concerned family and friends, I haven't bought one as of yet ... muahaha! Seriously it just looks like fun!

My 5 days off from work have been very, very nice and full of rest and relaxation. Until the next time ...

John

8 comments:

adam said...

If you get bike, would you have to get a Norean license? The license will most likely require a photo and your beard of power is in no shape for a photo. Let me paint you a picture with my imagination brush.

You legs firmly and strongly caressing the leather seat of a Daelim Daystar as you throttle up to 60 km/h. You are 선박 여행 through the Korean country side, wind is whipping through your beard of power as it glistens in the radiant sunshine.

Notice how the air flows through the beard, pretty great ehay...

How let me paint you a picture with my math brush.

Daelim Daystar AND beard -> glistening fun

It is plain to see the two cannot be separated.

The End

Unknown said...

Why in the world would you need a murder-cycle when you have that awesome bicycle???

steve and randel hambrick said...

NO, NO, NOOOOO! no motorcycle, you hear me?? unacceptable!

Molly R. said...

John, seriously? a motorcycle? I am on board with Dana, you have a fab bike...why need another one? Plus, I already worry about you being in a foreign country, now I have to worry about you being in a foreign country AND driving a motorcycle(yes, it is all about me)...my vote is negative on that one! Great pics on this post though!! XOXO

Unknown said...

John....the pictures of the countryside, Oh my gosh, I love them. they are sooo beautiful. The mountains. i jsut love them....That is what it looked like in Honduras...mountains everywhere.... ;) I am glad that your days off were so restful ;)

Unknown said...

Oh....and Johnny....No to the motorcycle. You wouldn't be able to bring it back here anyways. So what even would be the fun of that. What about a horse? Get one of those. They go really fast. And there is a whole element of companionship with a horse too...hehehe

Unknown said...

You really should get a motorcycle. Become part of the brotherhood. On that comment, my Abbeygail is doing rather well. She's still the white streak of lightening, maybe a little slower; since I got a speeding ticket...

All is well in Orlando, except it misses J-Mitch. When do you plan to return? For a vacation or winter break? What are your plans, bud?

-Chris W.

Unknown said...

Molly's right - I don't know how much my vote counts, but it's a negative on the motorcycle. I am 100% behind the horse though! That is an incredible idea!