Sunday, July 29, 2007

Pre-trip jitters


That's right, I said jitters. I haven't actually left the States yet. I do plan on boarding that plane next Friday around 9 in the morning ... but between here and then, I've got a ton of stuff to get done: store all my stuff I'm leaving behind, store my car, call the bank, cell phone, oh yes-actually secure my visa to work over there (that's a big one), car insurance, credit cards, etc. Isn't this fun so far? Yes, the answer is yes my friend.

So this will be my first of many posts, hopefully many posts that is. And what's a good blogger without some kind of a picture to go with it? We will call this one "pre-flight excitment."

If you are one of my friends or family who I am leaving behind while I explore the world outside of the US, I will miss you dearly and I hope to hear from you either through this site or email me!

9 comments:

Molly R. said...

John, I wish you safe travels and lots of fun memories! Be safe you are always in my thoughts and prayers! I love you, Molly

Unknown said...

John! You will be missed.

Tuckenie said...

Yay! John has a bloggy! It's like he's not even leaving!

V

Unknown said...

A Blog... YEA!!!!!! You're going to have a BLAST!!! Can't wait to read all about it! Love you! Stay safe!!

Unknown said...

Following the footsteps of someone we both know
(me). I'll check on this blogging of yours. Good times.

Marlyce said...

Dear John, It is so exciting to think of what the coming year may hold in store for you........it is full of positive possibilities! I know your Mom would be so proud of you and would have all sorts of questions, advice, support......and a care package of some sort as well! Ever since you mentioned that you were considering accepting this opportunity I felt that you were doing the absolute right thing for this time in your life. So I wish you much joy as you take on your new challenge, knowing that you will thrive an d shine! Love and hugs, Marlyce

Tuckenie said...

Dude. You should rename this "Creed thoughts".

Dezzie said...

i'm not going to lie....that picture couldn't get any creepier...

Marlyce said...

interesting about the food and I was figuring you'd find things palatable!........glad you are settling in so well and finding friends..........xo Marlyce